Okay, so if you didn't know, I've been pretty down lately. I know it sounds dumb, but I've been feeling like life is mad at me or something. Even though I KNOW I'm better off being single than with my ex, I just feel like I'm being constantly reminded that I'm no longer getting married and that stinks. Thank you ALL for all the wonderful comments and such. It made me feel a bit better.
So I've been trying to do some artsy stuffs (and I know I owe A LOT of ya'll some art)...but I've run into some problems:
A) I no longer have a scanner. So for those of you whose artwork I've done by hand with paper and pencil...yeah...may be a while before you see it. It's not what you want to hear, I'm sure, but it's the truth.
B) Speaking of the truth...95% of ALL my art supplies, drawing and such are currently chillin' in my storage unit. Again, it'd take me some time to even FIND some things...
C) So I'm trying to WACOM-TABLET some art in and wouldn't ya know it?! I need to re-aquire the skill! It's been SO LONG since I've drawn with the tablet that it's darn near impossible for me to draw something that even LOOKS normal! O.O Sooo...it might be a while.
D) I've started volunteering for a high-school sports show that a group of my friends and I are putting on. I'm also helping out another group of buddies and their talk-show, but they won't start meeting up again until after then New Year. Eitherway it's gonna take a good hunk of my time up, but I'll do my best to keep plugging away at this tablet until I can upload something halfway decent!
E) I will eventually start volunteering at my church and for the Special Olympics. I don't have a schedule set yet for either of them, but when they kick in...it'll take up some more time.
Basically, with my life being as crazy as it is right now, I feel that if I stay busy, it'll help with the heartache. Sure, I'm the one that called off the wedding, but I still loved him, and had hopes and dreams for our future together. Right now, I just feel like I could never want to invest that much time and energy in someone again. I know I will eventually, but right now, I just feel pretty hopeless. It'll pass...I know. [link]
(this song SO descibes how I feel...)
Anyways, I'm really thankfull to have buddies like you all. I can't tell you how it feels to know that you guys have stuck by me through all this school, intern, failed engagement, moving around mess. I'm sorry if any of you feel as if I have let you down. I don't mean for that at all. I'll try my best to get back on the ball and stay there. Just bear with me a little while longer.
Since Thanksgiving is coming up, I decided to make a mini list of the things that I'm thankfull for this year. Mosty so I can remind MYSELF of everything I have in my life to stay HAPPY about.
* I'm thankfull for having the Lord in my life. Without Him, I honestly don't think I'd have the strength to stay positive about much of anything.
* I'm thankfull for my GREAT friends and family. Both in RL and on the 'net!
* I'm thankfull for graduating school with good grades
* I'm thankfull for my dream career-goals slowly (but surely) falling into place
* I'm thankfull for my good health
* I'm thankfull for the Chicago Blackhawks, Martha Stewart and the TMNT for entertaining me through these last few, rough months.
* I'm thankfull for starting to volunteer and having both my friends, my church and the Special Olympics all interested in my abilities to help them.
* I'm thankfull for all the wonderful compliments that both buddies and strangers have given me.
Thank you everyone! <3